Finally! The entire process was not as long as I have expected. No queue, no crowd.
I reached KL Convention Centre around 14:30, although I have booked the 14:00 slot. So I’d expecting a big crowd and long queue but to my surprise, it was not. But yes, there was a big crowd and long queue but those people were waiting to go into the Comic Fest KL. I saw a lot of cosplay fans, those that I recognised — One Piece, Hayate the Combat Butler, Bleach, Aliens and maybe some more. I guess those Maxis people realised that people looking for iPhone 4S would be lost among these comic fans, they had staffs stationed in between with placards that shout out “Maxis iPhone 4S” and “Registration”. This guy asked us to walk along and look for guys in black suit (MiB?). Unfortunately, there were not tall, handsome, nice hunky body kinda guys. LOL!
There were a lot of arched pathway with lots of “stages” to go through. It’s like a game, you have to complete a stage to advance to the next. Here’s the summary:
- Stage 1: A lady asked for my booking confirmation
- Stage 2: A lady passed me some forms
- Stage 3: Look for staffs with iPad for registration
- Stage 4: End of the pathway, show the completed form to a lady and was given a queue number
- Stage 5: Queue number called, proceed to the assigned counter. Mine was A3
- Stage 6: (This should be the mini-boss) Pass them the forms, make payment and wait
- Stage 7: (another mini-boss) Go to the assigned collection counter to collect the phone
- Stage 8: FINAL BIG BOSS! Activate the phone!
Being a very careful user, I immediately headed to those accessories stalls in the middle of the hall for casing. While I was waiting to make the payment, Ann helped me to buy a RM49 screen protector. They provided free service to apply the protector, if you purchase from them. I found out that the one Ann bought has only front screen protector but I want both front and back. A very good friend indeed. She helped me to ask the promoter if we can do a refund. Lucky for us, there was a guy wanted to buy the same screen protector and he is willing to buy it from us. Then we headed to the next stall, selling both front and back protector at RM50+. I have also bought a pink casing. Haha! Ann gave me a weird look. It’s not a pink pink, it’s Persian Rose (check Wiki)
I was so happy after I got my long-awaited iPhone 4S. We headed back and she made me to have steamboat for dinner. I super dislike steamboat because it makes you stink afterwards. But considering that she came along and helped me with stuffs, an exception only for today.